The unprecedented attacks on Prothom Alo and The Daily Star have tarnished Bangladesh’s reputation globally, Home Minister Salahuddin Ahmed said yesterday. For all latest news, follow The Daily Star's ...
Amnesty International reported Wednesday that the most widely circulated newspaper in Bangladesh, Prothom Alo, has been declared an “enemy” by the Bangladeshi government, a move that Amnesty termed an ...
New Delhi: 19 December 2025 was the first morning in 27 years when there was no Prothom Alo. For a country accustomed to waking up with its most influential daily in hand, the absence felt heavier ...
The attacks on The Daily Star and Prothom Alo were attacks on independent journalism itself, speakers said at The Daily Star’s 35th anniversary celebration in Barishal yesterday.
Executive Director Dr Iftekharuzzaman has alleged that the December 18 attacks on the offices of prominent Bangladeshi media outlets Prothom Alo, and The Daily Star last year had help from within the ...
Foreign Minister Dr Khalilur Rahman on Saturday said the recent attacks on Prothom Alo and The Daily Star has brought international embarrassment to Bangladesh. “Following the incident involving ...
IFEX joins ARTICLE 19 and Free Press Unlimited in calling on the authorities in Bangladesh to stop the legal harassment of 'Prothom Alo' journalists and end the broader crackdown on press freedom.
Bangladesh's high court granted bail on Sunday to Matiur Rahman, one of the country's most respected editors, after he was charged under a controversial digital law. Matiur Rahman, 78, the editor of ...
Home Minister Salahuddin Ahmed on Saturday ordered investigators to submit a chargesheet within two months over an arson attack on the offices of two of the country’s leading newspapers Prothom Alo ...